Caroleingrace

My photo
If I were to describe myself, that I would be... An unfinished symphony. Yes, I love music, but this blog is  not about music and it's technicalities. This will be about that symphony being written, edited and perfected for that grand orchestra in eternity.  It is a great honor to introduce you to my Maestro: JESUS Pardon me for I am an amateur blogger. Nevertheless, I pray that this blog would draw you closer to the great Author and Composer of life and LIFE Himself, as this will talk about my walk with Jesus as a mom who started young, a wife who loves and is loved by God's grace, a prodigal daughter who is given much grace and a human who continues to  live on like an unfinished symphony until Jesus completes His song in me in eternity.

Saturday 21 July 2012

A Man's Bathroom

It was about time for our bathroom to be cleaned. Molds growing, stinky toilet bowl, yellowish tiles. Our bathroom calls to be cleaned, sanitized, disinfected.

So I go and dissolve the powdered cleaner, mix it with the disinfectant, then splashed them on every square inch of the bathroom. Brush here, brush there, rinse here, rinse there.

They say, if you really want to know how clean a house is, go for the toilet. Then you'll see that the owner really does keep his house clean.

I want to add on that. The toilet, the bathroom, the comfort room -whatever you want to call it- I want to say is the heart of the house. Because here is where one is liberated, cleansed off, released of all his/her, to put it nicely, well, waste matter.  Here is where you realize how much  good/bad food your body has consumed.

Our heart at the same time stores all the good and bad thing life brings us. We either feed our hearts with pure, noble, eternal things, or temporal, lustful, evil ones .

Mark 7:20-23 NKJV

"And He said, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.   For from within, out of the heart of men,  proceed evil thoughts,  adulteries,  fornications, murders,   thefts,  covetousness, wickedness,  deceit,  lewdness, an evil eye,  blasphemy,  pride, foolishness.   All these evil things come from within and defile a man.”

And so our hearts need cleaning too. It needs the sprinkling and washing of the Cleaner and Disinfectant. Let me share with you the only brand that can make our heart-bathroom clean as new: the LORD JESUS CHRIST

We need someone who is ABLE to do the cleaning for us. As the bathroom needs someone who is WILLING and ABLE to clean it -I haven't heard of any self-cleaning bathroom/toilet so far-, our hearts need that Someone who can do the same for us.

Luke 5:12-13 NKJV

"And it happened when He was in a certain city, that behold, a man who was full of leprosy saw Jesus; and he fell on  his  face and implored Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.” Then He put out  His  hand and touched him, saying,  “I am willing; be cleansed.”  Immediately the leprosy left him. "

I find my life stinky. Messy. Soiled. And most of the time, the dirtiness of me accumulates especially when I don't tap on that Someone who can do the cleaning for me.  A lot of times I tend to neglect my heart's need to be cleansed of those stains of thoughts, molds of pride, smell of covetousness. I badly need a clean.

I'm glad my Cleaner is faithful  and reliable.

1 John 1:9 NKJV

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us  our  sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Isaiah 1:18-19 NKJV

“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land; "

How about you? When did you last have a clean? ;)

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment